This is a course for players at the most advanced level, from conservatoire entry standard upwards. Martin will guide participants in all areas of technique and interpretation in friendly, informal masterclasses and private lessons. In addition to the lessons with Martin, Julian Rolton will also be available to rehearse repertoire of your choice for viola and piano. This is an ideal opportunity to work with a pianist who is a recognised specialist in this repertoire. There might also be ensemble work and open discussion, and there will be a session led by a leading practitioner on baroque performance practice. We encourage participants to perform informally with pianist Julian Rolton on the final day and also to collaborate with other courses on campus out of timetabled hours. Don't forget our automatic 25% reduction (excluding supplements) for under 27s.
Resident: £490 Non-Resident: £385 Code: 19/402
BMILS building – exciting news:
- Visitors to Benslow Music are alerted to work on a new building for the Benslow Music Instrument Loan Scheme (BMILS), due to start on 23 April 2019.
- Our normal activity (courses, concerts, events, Bed & Breakfast, visits to the Loan Scheme) will continue as scheduled during the construction period.
- The building, sympathetically designed by Jon Read of Pentangle Design Group, Hitchin, is to provide specialist storage for the BMILS collection of quality instruments while not on loan, more spacious administration and reception space, a generous workshop for our in-house luthier, and a trial room.
- The new building is to be located between Fieldfares and the beehives.
- Access to Fieldfares from Benslow Music will remain as it is currently, via the main drive (or beside Waldeck) to the front door.
- Construction workers (from the family firm of D B Sharp and Sons, Letchworth) will enter from the gateway to Benslow Lane close to Fieldfares and cross the current drive direct to the building site from beside the Fieldfares garage. This vehicle movement will be carefully managed. The site will be securely fenced, allowing for egress from all doors to Fieldfares.
- Work is expected to last until late October 2019, taking place on weekdays between 8am and 4pm. There will inevitably be some noise but disruption will be kept to a minimum. We anticipate very little restriction to existing car parking arrangements (but please continue to park sensitively).
- We trust that this will not have an adverse effect on your stay. Thank you for your understanding.